Heart attack

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Another Bank Holiday

Friday. 11.05 a.m. It's yet another warm and rather pleasant day. The digital thermometer currently reads 23ºc. 

I've just come back from Lidl's, which is on Oldbrook Boulevard. I needed to get milk and ice cream. Just need something nice for my Saturday meal. The area where the parade of shops used to be, which included the Tesco Express store, is boarded up. The demolition has obviously finished, and I suspect they have done the basics which have to take place before they start building the new Lidl store, such as drainage, and footings (is that the right word? Foundations?) There used to be an A.T.M. on the outside of the Tesco's, which is gone, (obviously, if the building is no longer there.) and it is missed, as it was so handy having it and easy enough to park outside. I do hope the new Lidl has an A.T.M.

Saturday. 10.00 a.m. Yet another pleasant day on the weather front.

My family tree has now grown to well over 1000 people! It's really amazing how quickly it has grown. I still keep working on it.

3.40 p.m. A really fun-filled Bank Holiday Saturday afternoon! I was going to take Alfie out, but before we'd got to the door which leads out onto Strudwick Drive, I realised I didn't have my keys on me. I usually go through a route when we go out, with my glasses, Alfie and his lead and a handful of doggy bags for the inevitable pick-up. This could have caused a panic, but I went into the community lounge, where one of the lady tenants was about to have a birthday party with members of her family. She suggested pulling the emergency cord, which links to a response team that could possibly get the door open with a master key. When the gentleman arrived, he looked in the places where such a key would be kept, in drawers and the key safe which is outside the office, but no luck. It would appear that our S.H.O. must have gone home with the key on her key ring, and when he tried to ring her, there was no response. I can't blame her for having her mobile on mute, as she was on leave. So, the central office where the man worked suggested ringing Mears, and there was the possibility of me being charged for the lock being broken and replaced. But when the Mears man arrived, after some effort, he got the door open, by unscrewing the door handle on the outside which released the lock and allowed me access. I was more than grateful that there was a positive outcome to the situation, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to have my meal, which was ready to prepare, and the possibility of spending the night sleeping on the chairs in the entrance to Dexter House! I shall be far more careful that I don't forget my keys from now on.

No comments: