Heart attack

Thursday, May 02, 2024

Warmer Weather

Tuesday. 6.15 a.m. I have been writing this blog for quite some time now. In fact, this will be the 1887th post. You may have come to the post through Facebook because I have always used a link at the bottom of each post so that more people have the opportunity to read what I post. But this morning, having decided to publish the last post, I got a message from Facebook telling me my post had been removed. It was extremely rapid, only seconds after I posted the link. I am intrigued to know why this happened because there is nothing contentious in any of my posts, nothing obscene, racist, or controversial in any way. I will attempt to connect this post to Facebook when it is completed, and see if it happens again. I realize this wasn't done by a human and was most likely done by some sort of algorithm.  

Good. I have got that out of the way!

The weather seems to be warming up. I do hope so because we've had some awful weather, far too much rain and wind.

8.40 a.m. Strange, but true. I mentioned linking this blog to my Facebook profile, and it was rejected for whatever reason. Well, I've had another go, just to see what happens, and it was posted without any problems. 

Wednesday. 6.15 a.m. Apparently, according to the weather forecast on BBC Breakfast this morning, we are likely to get thunder and lightning at some point in the day, not necessarily in Milton Keynes. It's definitely warming up, but heavy, thundery rainstorms, according to Carol Kirkwood as I write this! 21ºC in some parts of the country.

I was more than a bit upset when I heard about the felling of the Sycamore Gap tree on Hadrian's Wall last September. I don't think I was the only person to be shocked when this was announced on various media outlets. I am now more than a little pleased to learn that the two young men who were responsible for this vandalism have been charged with causing criminal damage, and will have to now face court and, hopefully, some sort of penalty, no doubt some sort of fine or even prison. It upset me because Carol and I went to Northumberland for our honeymoon in 2007 and the cottage we rented was a short drive away from Hadrian's Wall, which we visited and saw the Sycamore Gap tree. It was featured in the film 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.' We also visited several other locations which were used in that film. On a later holiday we had in North Yorkshire, we went to Aysgarth Falls, which is where the famous fight between Robin Hood and Little John was filmed.

No comments: