Tuesday 18th August. 3.15 p.m. Well, it hasn't rained, or, if it did, it hasn't left much of an impression.
This morning I went out with my video camera and walked around Woolstone which is one of the villages around which the city of Milton Keynes was built. I had hoped to find something worth videoing, such as a stretch of the Grand Union Canal, with boats moored, or drifting through, something vaguely historic to shoot, ducks swimming or sitting at the side of the canal, but none of that could I find. It was a pleasant enough walk, and the video footage was reasonable.
Thursday 20th August. 8.15 a.m. I have mentioned how, in an earlier post on here, how I had to ring the Nationwide helpline, because of the mysterious text I had, informing me that there was a strange £250 payment on my account with Argos. It turns out that nothing was taken and my bank account is safe. But, to make sure there is no possibility of this sort of 'scam'; happening again, they would close down my current debit card and issue me a new one. The card has not arrived, so I rang Nationwide again and asked what I had to do, because my pension was in my account. I was told that, if I went into the Nationwide branch in the main shopping centre, along with some form of ID, in this case, my photo driving licence, which, fortunately, had come only just come back from the DVLA in Swansea. I could take out sufficient funds, so I could do a small shop in Sainsbury's.
Friday 21st August. 6.00 a.m. I mentioned in an earlier post, talking about the persistant cough which has been plaguing me for weeks. I do not have a temperture, infact, I haven't felt better in myself in ages. Just this cough, which seems to be caused by horrible thick mucus at the back of my throat. The doctor had given me a prescription for codeine, which I immediately took into the Boots pharmacy,which is immediately next door to the Central Milton Keynes Medical Centre. Unfortunately they didn't have it in stock. I wasn't over-enthusiastic about trailing around Milton Keynes chemists, to find one which has a supply of this medicaion. I had a parcel arrive in the post. I wasn't sure what it contained, but, on opening it, I ound a bottle of codeine which was on the prescription, which I hadn't managed to get made up. But how come I had this bottle of the very medication I needed? I have no idea. Perhaps the doctor had got it for me, but whatever the truth, I was able to take it, even though it tasted awful, and, as I write, I am sure it's sorting out the horrible cough.
No comments:
Post a Comment