Heart attack

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Hotter Than Ever!

 Friday 14th August. 11.15 a.m. The heat doesn't seem to be reducing. Yesterday (No, it would still have been today, early morning) around 1.20 am., it was so hot I decided to have a cold shower. It did the trick, and I got back to sleep. I was under the impression that yesterday, some woman was coming from the Council, to dicuss putting on events at Dexter House. A load of expensive-looking leaflets were scattered around the community lounge the other day. but this person didn't arrive. Nothing weird there. Probably found the trip to discuss this new 'project' far too much for her sensitivities and remaining in her lovely comfortable office preferable to discussing ANYTHING with us. Never mind. There's always tomorrow.

I am still struggling with the cough, which is produced by thick mucus in my throat. I have used saline solution, which is puffed up each nostril, and it does help to remove this mucus, and, as a result, I can speak much clearer, but the mucus has come back worse than ever. As a result of this, I decided to get a doctor's appointment this morning.

I thought I would be able to get an appointment via the website of the surgery, to save having to phone and then get screamed at for phoning! I know this cough isn't sinister; there's no blood being coughed up. If it was I would be down to A and E or the walk-in centre very rapidly. So, I did this after nine and managed to write why I needed an appointment, because of the triage system they now have in place.

Anyway, a couple of hours later, I got an email, telling me an appointment had been made for me for 4.30 p.m. I drove to the surgery, in the searing heat. I went into the doctor's room and she did the usual tests, checking my oxygen level with that gadget that goes on your finger, my heart and also looked into my throat. I have to take s ssample of the mucus which is causing this cough and get it to the surgery for testing, so we might get to the bottom of what is causing this cough. I also got a prescription, which I had hoped ould be made up by the Boots pharmacy which is net door to the surgery. Unfortnately Boots couldn't make it up, simply becausde they didn't hve it in stock and none of the other Boots branches around Milton keynes had it, so I will need to spend time ringing pharmacies to attempt to get it. 








No comments: