Wednesday 30th September. 5.10 p.m. I have now purchased an external hard drive for the Macbook, with the idea of transferring any of the precious material, particularly the plays, onto it, so that if anything happens to the laptop, at least I have the plays safe. Well, it does make common sense.Having got the external hard drive, I could not understand why it did not appeqr on the computer's desktop, so I have been into the Apple store, and a lovely young lady showedme that these things don't show up on the desktop, and sre hidden in a different place in the computer, which has put my mind at rest.
I have never mentioned this before, partly because there has been no point, but I have four brothers, James, Robert, Andrew ans Sandy (Alexander). We have never been exactly close, but none of them have been anywher near me, comunicated by text, Facebook or other social media. I do have a sort of vague communication with Andrew, who lives somewhere near Kings Lynn in Norfolk. He sends me Christmas card and will remember my birthday, which, by the way is 22nd October. He and his wife, Margaret, came to Carol and mine's wedding in 2007, and we went to stay a weekend with them a few years after we were married, but I have had absolutely no acknowledgement from them regarding Carol's death. Sandy, who, by the way, is gay, not that that bothers me, was invited to our wedding, but he made such a fuss, because we only invited him and not his partner, so he neve rcame. I am not expecting to get anything from any of them, nothing such as a present, or money, although I wouldn't object to anything. But it would be nice to be remembereed, to be supported, particularly when Carol was diagnosed, and even after she passed away, which was the worst time. But no, not a word, nothing. I think my mother would be shocked, but I cn see where this lack of communicstion and care comes from, because dad was like that. The old 'stiff upper lip' syndrom
New play written and ready for printing and then checking. It is called 'It Must Be Love', and yes, it is inspired by the Madness song, which will be used as its theme music.
I have now got the external hard drive working. There is written material on there I had forgotten about and so it's been a bit of a revelation to unearth quite a few pieces of writing that are actuallt quite good, so I can read them and possibly work with them.
My Canon Pixma printer needs ink cartridges installing before I can print any of my plays, but, since a double pack, which consists of black and a coloured cartridge and costs around £45, I will have to wait, which is a real pain.
Saturday 3rd October. 10.10 a.m. I've been up and working on my writing, so, this isn't the beginning of the day for me. I am awake at 2.30, basically because I have to go to the loo, and getting back to sleep is unlikely. I have been watching the series 'Slow Horses' via Apple TV and it's somwwhat addictive. Gary Oldman as the thoroughly repulsive leader of the spies, Jackson Lamb, is amazing. He farts, burps, eats, looks, and probably smells disgusting, and breaks all the rules of any other spy drama or novel, and I think it's that which makes it so watchable. I have nevr been a fan of James Bond, basically becaue it is so corny. Spies are supposed to be furtive, lurking around in the background, secret, hidden. Bond is known by everyone, he is an unlikely spy, far too visable and in actual fact, the bond films are more fantasy than reality, which is why I love Slow Horses. The spies who have been relelegated to Slough House. The whole look and feel of the show has a film noir feel, everything is dark, in shadow, muted colours, quite the opposite of the brash, colourful world of Bond. I can thorougly recommend the show, now into it's sixth season, all episodes should be found of the Apple TV website, ready for streaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment