Heart attack

Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Stranger Than Fiction . . .

 Monday. 6.15 a.m. I know, it's early, but I'm awake, and I have nothing better to do. I have BBC Breakfast on my television. 

Yesterday morning, I was on duty at church because I am on the refreshment rota. It's once a month and at the beginning of the month. I arrived well on time and then found that I couldn't get into the kitchen, which is locked with one of those devices that requires a combination to open it. I did eventually get the correct combination and managed to get into the kitchen, so I could get to the coffee-making machine (not actually a coffee machine!).

The lady who was on duty with me on refreshments came in later and we managed to finish setting up, with the coffee urn (at last! I found the correct word to describe the coffee 'thing'!) It had to be turned on well before the service began, so that it was hot and ready for people when they came out after the service.

Tuesday. 9.05 a.m. I am attempting to get a doctor's appointment. Nothing wrong. It's just since I had that blackout a few weeks ago I get a bit shaky and I think the sertraline is making my eyesight go a bit blurry and I get headaches and double vision. It doesn't last long, so I wanted to have a word with a doctor.  To get an appointment, Central Milton Keynes Medical Centre has a new system. You can't telephone for an appointment, you have to go online and, having registered, go through a triage system, explaining what your problem is and wait for the receptionists to respond. They prioritize your ailment and then phone you to arrange an appointment, either face-to-face or over the telephone. The system isn't open until 8 a.m., and I attempted to get an appointment yesterday, but I had to reset my password, a fiddly job at the best of times, and then, by the time that was done, all the appointments were taken, all gone within barely 15 minutes. I managed to get this done this morning, but I will have to wait until I get a call, probably in a few days.

10.20 a.m. I got a text message from the surgery, informing me that I could expect a doctor to telephone me and at around 9.30 a doctor did phone me. She suggested I got my eyes tested because of the blurry vision I am experiencing.

1.15 a.m. Alfie loves to lay on the sofa. Who can blame him? It's a good deal more comfortable than laying on the floor. Even though I went to the trouble of buying him a new bed, he still seems to prefer the sofa. I can't think of many dogs who get an entire sofa to lay on. While, at the same time, I get the armchair! He keeps looking at me and I have to pick him up to put him on the sofa. 

I went to bed and left him on the sofa. I was settling down to sleep, and then I heard this rather sad little noise, a sort of 'help me!' sort of doggy sound. At first, I thought, perhaps Alfie has got stuck under the bed. I looked, but no Alfie. Then, perhaps he's got stuck in the bathroom, as the door was closed. He has a habit of wandering in, and then it's easy to forget he's there and then close the door. But he wasn't there. So, I got out of bed and went into the lounge, and he was still on the sofa! I think he's scared of hurting himself if he attempts to jump down. So, I picked him up and put him on the floor.

The title of this post has absolutely no bearing on the content. I just couldn't think of anything better.


No comments: