Heart attack

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Foggy to Start, but Sunny Later . . .

There was a thick fog obscuring most of Milton Keynes early this morning. As the morning has worn on the fog has gradually lifted and as I write this the sun is out. There are definite signs of spring around here as there are primroses and daffodills blooming all along the sides of the grid roads around Milton Keynes. A definite sign of things getting better weather-wise. Our neighbour knocked on the front door a day or two ago and came to mow our front lawn. I now discover that he had a heart attack, and what makes it worse is that he was in his 30's when it happened. Much to young. Shock news that Bob Crow, leader of the R.M.T. railway union died of a heart attack at the age of 52. I can't say that I was ever a fan, but one can only admire someone who had such respect from people, even those who were of the opposing political view such as Boris Johnson. At least you have to admire the man as at least you knew what he stood for, unlike a lot of people in public life and in particular politics. 

Our dogs are enjoying the sunshine. We have managed to stop up the hole in the fence so they can go in and out of the house through the patio doors. Alfie loves to lay in the sunshine and spreads himself out so as to get the full benefit.

There was a headline in one of today's newspapers claiming that statins have no side effects. Who are they trying to kid? I'm sure that a lot of the aches and pains I get are caused by the statin tablets I'm taking, pravastatin. I know that they are supposed to keep my cholesterol levels low enough to prevent blood clots and then another heart attack, but it would be more conducive to my faith in this sort of medication if the professionals who are supposed to have my interests at heart (no sort of pun intended) would make up their minds one way or another as to their safety, efficacy or whatever.

No comments: