Heart attack

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Unsettled Weather and Unreliable Digital Watch

Another day of unsettled weather. When I walked with Carol over to the Academy at around 7.15 this morning it was sunny, but I put on my fleece as it was fairly chilly and not warm enough to be out in a short sleeve shirt. It became wet as the morning progressed and eventually the sun made a brief appearance, and then, at around 2 p.m. there was a clap of thunder. This set Alfie off barking, as he seems to think it's someone knocking on the door or Carol coming home. Poppy is terrified of thunder and came running to me upstairs in the bedroom. It was over within a couple of minutes and as I write this the sun is out. 

I managed to reset my Casio digital watch yesterday evening. Or so I thought. I has reset itself and thinks it's Saturday and the year is 2005. I don't understand why it is causing so many problems. Frankly it's not worth bothering with and I will have to replace it. A watch that can't be relied on is absolutely useless so it may end up being put in the bin. It's supposed to reset itself from a radio signal from the atomic clock in Rugby but it is more trouble than it's worth.

No comments: