Heart attack

Monday, December 21, 2015

A Merry Christmas!

Well, it's only a few days until Christmas. We've done virtually all our Christmas shopping, although we're off to Sainsbury's early tomorrow morning in order to buy the last few items to cover the festive period. Why do people have to go so crazy when it's Christmas? You'd think there was a war on and there was a shortage of the most basic things, such as milk, bread, cake, eggs, wrapping paper, tinsel and so on. I was in Sainsbury's last week and it appeared as if they'd sold out of sugar so had to buy the smaller packs. It might be a good idea to keep away from supermarkets for the next few days. I've seen people pushing shopping trolleys over-laden with all sorts of things. It's mayhem, and considering that most supermarkets will be open again on Saturday (Boxing Day) really makes no sense. Also, another factor that always gets me, and I've mentioned this within a post I've written somewhere on this blog, there will be sales days after Christmas day, and what you can buy for goodness knows how much will then be reduced considerably. So (I know Ebenezer Scrooge would have loved this.) you can buy the same items for up to a half or more, less than the pre-Christmas day price. 

I will probably not write anything more on here until the New Year, although I have a tendency to write something when I find something quirky going on around me, which is one reason why I enjoy this sort of writing. So, with that in mind, to all my loyal readers, I will wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy and prosperous New Year and see you in 2016!

No comments: