Heart attack

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sunny but Cold

It was deceptively cold first thing this morning. It seemed, on first looking out the window at around 7.15, that it was sunny and warm, but I was really surprised that there was ice on the car's windscreen that needed melting before we drove off to the Academy. There was a definite nip in the air. I suppose it's to be expected at this time of the year. It might appear sunny and warm, but when you get outside it's quite cold.

Carol is home about an hour later than usual today. They have teacher training at The Academy until 5.45.

The MacBook Air laptop, the machine I usually write this blog on, is playing up again. I don't know why. It will not boot up and all you get is a grey screen. It seems to have a charged battery, but it's a case of  'the lights are on but there's nobody at home.' I'm not entirely sure how to remedy this problem. I'm using Carol's Toshiba laptop to write this and do any of my usual stuff on a computer, such as looking at emails, but for the past couple of days, before the MacBook 'died' on me, I had been transferring a lot of my handwritten writing onto word processing on the MacBook and it was going surprisingly well. I am concerned that I can't continue with this work with the confounded thing not working. I think it may need taking to an Apple repair shop to have it dealt with, but I'm reluctant to do that as it's likely to cost a great deal to have it fixed. There is a considerable amount of material which needs transferring to word processing and this is why it somewhat galling to have the computer not working. If I'd thought that it was likely to breakdown again I would have saved the work onto an external hard drive or memory stick. As it is, I can't get anywhere near the word processed stuff until the computer can be opened up again, but as it is I've no idea when this is likely to be.  Just very annoying, to say the least.

No comments: