Heart attack

Monday, July 18, 2016

Hot, Hot Day

So, here it is. Summer. It's arrived. Make the most of it. Because if you blink, it'll be gone. How long will the heatwave last? Probably only a few days.

Anyway, however long it lasts, it's been an extremely hot day and to be honest, I'm not sure I like it. I do like it warm and sunny, but if it's too hot I frankly can't cope with it. Just sweaty and unpleasant. I don't want to be out in it too long and just want to be in the shade. Our dogs don't know how to cope and flop around the house. 

I had to get to the doctor's at Ashfield Medical Centre in Beanhill before 8 a.m. as I had a blood test booked. It was a fasting blood test, which meant I couldn't eat for 12 hours previous, which can be difficult. Carol came with me and there was already a queue outside when the doors eventually opened. I checked in (the computer system you use to self-check-in was working, surprisingly, as it wasn't working last time I came in. 

As you will know, if you follow this blog on a regular basis, you will no doubt know that I have a problem with blood tests. I hate needles. But this time there wasn't a problem and the nurse was able to find a vein in my left arm and it was over very quickly. Efficient and effective. Thank goodness. This blood test was for cholesterol, because when the doctor did my medication review a few weeks ago he said I should have to have a blood test to just keep an eye on my cholesterol levels.

Carol had booked a blood test for herself and had to check when it was on Wednesday. She also had to get a repeat prescription for cream from the doctor. The receptionist said that the doctor would ring during the course of the day to give her a sort of review and have a prescription made up and sent to Sainsbury's pharmacy to have it made up but we waited in all day and no telephone call came which was somewhat annoying. Maybe he will ring tomorrow.

No comments: