Heart attack

Monday, March 27, 2017

Fresh problems with car

Another foggy morning. It doesn't look as if it's going to clear up. I was hoping the sun was going to come out. Really no sign of that, unfortunately.  The past couple of days have been really warm and pleasant. You just have to make the most of the warm weather when we get it. I was supposed to go to Sainsbury's this morning  to collect my repeat prescription which has been on order for a week. It got to 9 o'clock and I was getting ready to drive there, I got in the car which was parked on the drive in front of the house, but unfortunately, as I'm trying to start the car, there was a really unpleasant sound coming from underneath the car. It sounded like a sort of grating noise. I'm not sure what it was, but it was certainly not pleasant. It could possibly be the brake system but I'm not sure. Considering we had the car MOTd only a few weeks ago and we had some work done to replace some part which I forget what it was at this particular moment, and considering the facts that we had used the car over the weekend, driving all that way to Kinver Rocks on Saturday, as well as me driving to church and then shopping at Aldi, it's annoying that the car should develop yet another fault. As my medication was running out, particularly one of the several medications I take called Bisoprolol, which is one of the major ones I take which is a beta-blocker, I couldn't really afford not to take it as i'm not sure what would happen if I didn't take it. I was now stuck not being able to get to Sainsburys, so I had to come up with an alternative method of transport to get there. I considered catching the bus as I have a bus pass which allows me free transport on the buses around this area. Then I thought, if I go next door I could ask, if they were in, if they would be able to give me a lift to Sainsburys to collect my medication. I went around and rang the doorbell, but I got no response, so I would have to find an alternative. And it occurred to me to try church, as Milton Keynes Christian Centre is only a short distance away in Oldbrook. Unfortunately I didn't have the phone number immediately to hand, so I had to go online and look on the website. I rang the number and got the reception, and then she put me through to Bev Searle and she told me that someone would come and give me a lift do Sainsbury's. So I went outside Weight to the front of the house. About five minutes later a car drove up driven by Josh Verity who is Youth pastor at Milton Keynes Christian Centre. Very soon we were driving into the centre of Milton Keynes, and I was able to get to Sainsburys and collect the package of medication which I needed. He soon managed to drive me home, mission accomplished. I must say that I very grateful for his help this morning.

When Carol came home from work I told her about the car. We wanted to open the bonnet of the car to try and find out what was causing the noise. More than ever it sounds like something either come adrift or caught underneath the vehicle. I was not over-keen to go out for a drive in it as I wasn't sure whether it was safe. Then we couldn't find the catch which releases the bonnet. Odd, as I've always managed to find it. The flashing inside the car (for want of a better work. I'm not sure that's correct, but the plastic lining which covers the inside of the cabin of the car.) came adrift from it's moorings the other day when I was in the carpark at Waitrose, but it pushed back on without any problems. It makes me wonder what they did with the car when it was at the garage the other week. Not fitted back properly, which is somewhat annoying. Once we got inside the bonnet we couldn't see anything that suggested what was making the unpleasant grinding noise. I'm going to have to get in touch with the garage and get them to check it out as I've a suspicion it has something to do with the work they did to get the car through it's MoT.

No comments: