Heart attack

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Friday At Sainsbury's

I had to go to Sainsbury's this morning. First I went to Ashfield Medical Centre as I had to collect a prescription for Carol. Not actually a repeat and they couldn't send it electronically as some of what was on the prescription was controlled meds and it could only be done as a paper version. Managed to get there without any problems, no heavy traffic at the Standing Way roundabout which can be very busy at peak times. Parked easily in the rear carpark. I have to say I'm not overly impressed by the fact that the side road is chocker-block with cigarette ends. I know it's illegal to smoke in public places, indoors in places where the public go, but why do smokers think it's alright to smoke outside and drop their fag ends wherever they please? The same along the Redway outside Milton Keynes Academy which is littered with cigarette ends. What is the environmental impact of all these cigarette ends? Surely it must be bad. If you insist on smoking, do at least put the dog-ends in a bin or somewhere else, not just throw it on the ground. Apart from anything else, it just looks horrible. Don't people realise how awful it looks? Why doesn't someone do something about it? I can't believe it's allowed to continue like this.

I managed to pick up the prescriptions in Ashfield Medical Centre and then drove back through the Standing Way roundabout along Saxon Street and went to Sainsbury's. Parked the car in the carpark. Not quite as busy as it was yesterday, perhaps because I arrived a good deal earlier in the morning. I don't like parking on the lower level because of the extremely tight corners you have to negotiate when you drive down the ramp. It seems most supermarket carparks are designed this way for some unfathomable reason. Perhaps it's to get as much car-parking space into a relatively small piece of land.

In the store I had to get a trolley, but unfortunately it had a fault. Why do so many supermarket trolleys have faults? It's usually with the wheels, pushing sideways, one sticking, or, in this case, with a sort of wobble as I pushed it along. Just annoying.  I suppose I could have swapped it for another without a problem, but I didn't bother on this occasion. I took the prescriptions to the pharmacy and had to spend 15 minutes or so whilst they made up the prescriptions.

I managed to get everything on my list and then returned to pick up the meds from the pharmacy and then walked back to the carpark. As I got closer to the car I walked past a car which had just parked and a girl got out of the passenger-side door and shouted something at the driver- her partner, father, boyfriend, I couldn't tell. She stormed off in the direction of the walk-way leading into the store. Bad temper, merely a temper-tantrum, I couldn't tell, but whatever it was seemed quite dramatic. Certainly caused something of a scene. Had they had a row as they'd arrived in the carpark? Had she not wanted to come to the supermarket? I don't know and probably won't ever know. How embarrassing to have all this in such a public place.


No comments: