Heart attack

Saturday, October 14, 2017

M.R.I. Scans and Mild Weather

The weather continues to be unseasonably mild. I'm going out without a jacket or a sweater on. Just doesn't make a lot of sense, since we're well into October. I've been out on some days, thinking it's going to be cold (some early mornings start of cold.) put on a thick sweater and find, once I'm out, that the sweater is making me far too hot so I remove it. I end up carting the sweater around with me as I did when we went to the shopping centre the other morning. The trees all along the various grid roads around Milton Keynes are changing colour. Quite striking and surprising.

We're still waiting to hear from Basingstoke. Carol had an M.R.I. scan yesterday morning. It took a good deal longer than I was expecting, but at least it's done. Not at the hospital, but at a, presumably, private provider called In Health, which is based in the same block as Sainsbury's, just off Witan Gate. I expected the appointment to be at the hospital, but it was here. A very different atmosphere to the usual N.H.S. facility. Decent chairs to sit on and not lots of other people sitting and attempting to avoid eye contact. The staff were very good, very professional and caring. So, with this last scan, the various departments will now have all the information they have to deal with this 'thing.' Every day we wait patiently for either a telephone call or a letter.

No comments: