Heart attack

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Snowed Up

Sunday morning. I look out of the bathroom window to discover the road in front of the house is covered in snow. It looks like we're in for some cold and ice. I don't think we've had snow this early in the winter. So, the next question will be, what are the chances of a White Christmas? More than likely I would imagine. I just hope the Council gritters have been out on the Grid Roads across Milton Keynes, otherwise driving is going to be difficult. When we went to the hospital on Friday it would appear that the inner ring road around the site had been gritted, in preparation for snow.


As the morning developed, the snow has got heavier and thicker. This is a photograph I took on my iPhone at about 8.30 a.m. Church is off this morning. I know M.K.C.C. has cancelled their services but Shenley may have services but it's not such a good idea to drive anywhere as it's too risky and I need to be on stand-by to take Carol to her various appointments tomorrow and I can't risk having the car out of action. There is an Amber warning for most areas of the country. It's expected to be heavy until at least midday. 

Alfie not sure what to make of the 'white stuff.' Poked his nose out of the patio doors and went outside but soon came back in. I'm not sure what he thinks of it, but I think he prefers to be tucked up under our duvet where it's warmest.

No comments: