Heart attack

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Cold Weather and Faulty Cadbury's Creme Eggs

I had to go to get fish and chips from Brother's fish bar this evening. It was surprisingly cold. As I walked back to the car there were a few flurries of snow. I just wonder whether we'll be under several inches of the white stuff when we wake up tomorrow morning.

As I write this, Alfie is going slightly potty, the game he plays regularly, charging on and off the sofa, running outside into the hallway and then back onto the sofa, growling all the time. Funny little dog has now worn himself out and is curled up on the sofa.

Wednesday afternoon. Not a great deal to write about at the moment. I've just started reading a book called 'Watling Street,'  written by John Higgs. I didn't know of it's existence (the book, not the road.) until I was ordering something else on Amazon and the book came up, as others often do. This is one of the good things about Amazon, you discover books which you would't otherwise come across in a traditional bookshop, however you search. The book is about Watling Street (surprisingly) which runs through Milton Keynes, and the first chapter is about- Milton Keynes.  As I'm interested in history it seemed a book I might enjoy and actually learn something from at the same time.

I'm disappointed with Cadbury's creme eggs. Carol was eager to have some. I spent some time locating some for her when I went shopping. They always seem to appear at this time of year. I'm not sure whether they're meant to be Easter eggs. I haven't seen them much, but eventually got some in Sainsbury's last week, a box of twelve. What has happened to them? Many have been squashed. The wrapping on some of them hasn't exactly wrapped the contents properly. I formulate a  reason; Cadbury's was taken over by an American company, Kraft, not long ago. They got their hands on an iconic British company and have now ruined many of the classic products that Cadbury's made, one of them being the famous creme eggs. They seem to have thinner chocolate. Which would account for the fact that some of the twelve were squashed. Not just creme eggs, ruined.  I reckon, but I'm not sure, but I reckon these creme eggs are a good deal smaller than they used to be. Crunchie seems less chocolatey. They've messed with the famous Milk Chocolate, done something to the original recipe. How dare they! Keep your hands off our products! But, you might be saying, perhaps the creme eggs you had were  faulty batch, why not complain to Cadbury's. Well, possibly. But that would take a lot of time and effort and incur costs.  It's the same as when Nestlé bought Rowntrees Macintosh and started messing about with fruit pastilles. Trying to take away the famous ridges on these sweets, sold in tubes. Also, changing the Smarties tube, from a lovely tube into a horrible multi-sided monstrosity. Leave well alone. Do these companies never learn? A bit like when Kellogg's tried to change the size of their breakfast cereal packets, and made them too big to fit into the average kitchen cupboard. Crazy! Do they never do any market research? Find out what the average shopper or user of their products actually likes or, indeed, wants?

No comments: