Heart attack

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Frosty and Sunny

I went outside early this morning to put the rubbish out. It was reasonably mild, but there was ice on the car's windscreen. As the day progressed we had a certain amount of sun, but not a great deal. 

I've mentioned the trouble I've had attempting to order a binder for my collection of BBC History Magazines. I went on-line to order the said binder, and I was expecting the thing to turn up within about 2-3 weeks. I rang their call centre and I was told that they couldn't see a payment having gone through on their system. I have seen that the payment must have gone through as it shows up on my bank statement. I went into the local branch of Nationwide on Monday and was given a phone number to ring for their Visa Disputes department. I spent at least an hour yesterday attempting to get through, but just got a recorded message telling me that 'all our agents are busy.' In the end I gave up, but this morning I gave it another go and after about ten minutes I got through and then passed on to someone who was going to deal with the problem. They gave me what was called an 'acquirer number' and was told that, if I rang the call centre I gave them this number and it should help rectify the situation. This I did, and the operator then said they would need proof of the payment. I photographed the on-line statement showing the payment and emailed it to the operator I spoke to. I'm hoping that this should resolve the problem and I await the delivery of the aforementioned binder. What a lot of effort and fuss caused by all this, but never mind. It just goes to show that not all I.T. is what it's cracked up to be.

No comments: