Heart attack

Friday, March 16, 2018

Signs of Spring . . . and Snow?

I haven't written a blog post for the past couple of days. Not like me to miss a day or two, but in all honesty there's not a lot for me to talk about at the moment. So with this post I may just waffle on a bit. So here goes. Don't blame me that it's going to be boring. It's up to you to decide.

When I started writing this it was a bright and sunny morning. It's mild out as it is at the moment. I actually went out yesterday without my coat. I had a short-sleeved shirt on. It was so hot in the car. It's crazy. We're lead to believe that it's going to turn colder and we can expect more snow. I sincerely hope not. The expression 'nay cast a clout until May be out' does make a lot of sense. We're not into the month of May. This is early March and surely we can expect cold weather. It's the thing I mentioned a few blog post back, about British people putting up with most things. The stoical nature of this nation. Or so I thought. We've become pathetic and don't seem to be able to deal with bad weather, a bit of snow and cold. So, if we do get a couple of day's of frost and snow, we should just buckle down and get on with things instead of wingeing and whining. If a train is late, just grin and bare it. Why have we become a nation of complainers? Is it because, particularly with the internet, it's so easy to make a complaint when you're not in a sort of face-to-face situation. Would people be so ready to make a statement to someone's face if they had to? You can hide behind the facelessness of the internet where you wouldn't if you were in the same room as a person you're complaining to or making unpleasant comments about.

There are definite signs of spring. We have bulbs coming up and blooming in the garden. There are the first green shoots of daffodils on some of the roundabouts around Milton Keynes. We saw daffodils blooming in one of the courtyard gardens when we visited the hospital the other day. I'm not actually sure that they were daffodils. I think they were the miniature variety. Perhaps not actually a daffodil but a jonquil (which I learned having done a Google search.) The famous Wordsworth poem 'Daffodills' was inspired by William and Dorothy Wordsworth coming across some daffodils, but there's a real doubt that the flowers they saw were actually daffodils and probably some sort of narcissus similar to daffodils. How I manage to wander from the subject. But does it matter? I think not.

Alfie is in desperate need of a trim. He needs to go to a groomer's and have a really good haircut. His nails need a trim. He has go caught up in one of he crocheted blankets the other day and he has nasty matted mess under each eyes which he won't let us touch, which I presume means they irritate. It's managing to fit in his appointment when Carol isn't having chemotherapy which is difficult. I had hoped to take him to The Groom Room at Pets At Home at Bletchley, but they are always booked solid.  We then decided to try and find a mobile groomer. We used one a couple of years ago, but they were booked up and weren't taking on new clients. So I went on line and Googled 'mobile dog groomers' in Milton Keynes. I rang a couple, without any success. I wanted to get a booking in the next week or two. Not possible. Or, again, some were not taking on new clients. Then having left our number at another groomer, I got a call and I've managed to get Alfie booked in for a groom on 4th April in the afternoon.

It's almost 4 o'clock as I write this. It's still quite bright and there's almost certainly no sign of snow. It's just not cold enough for the white stuff. Will it or won't it? Do the weather forecasters ever make a mistake? We'll know by the morning if the forecasters got it right . . . or not. 

No comments: