Heart attack

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Snow . . . Gone!

The snow is gone. Well, it had no chance, seeing how it's a good deal warmer this afternoon. The sun is out and it's almost spring-like. Apparently we are now officially into spring. 

Carol gave Alfie a bath. He was getting a bit smelly. We're still not entirely certain what has caused it, no doubt he's been rolling in something disgusting in the garden. He still has those nasty bits under his eyes which he just will not let us pull off. His coat is still in need of a good grooming, but what with one thing and another, we haven't managed to fit an appointment in with his usual groomer's. The mess on his face seems to be irritating as he keeps on rubbing himself on the sofa cushions and other places. If you attempt to deal with this he just growls at you.

We went to Sainsbury's this morning. We got a call from Lloyd's pharmacy yesterday evening to inform us that the patches that Carol needs have arrived, having been held up because of the snow. We've used up our Nectar points and bought a new toaster. It should be better than the old one and is able to cook four slices of bread in one go. A good deal more rugged than the old one. 

We have been informed that there is to be a series of marathons running past our house on Sunday 11th March. I saw the yellow sign up near the entrance to Eaglstone the other day and the organisers have seen fit to put a letter through our letterbox which also gives details. I'm not that bothered by this event, but I still can't see why it can't be rerouted along the Redway, which is only yards from Golden Drive. I remember when I made a comment about this on Facebook last year I got some rather scathing reactions from one particular individual. I think I'm entitled to have an opinion, even if it wasn't in agreement to his. Never mind. Some people are just so easy to wind up. For whatever reason, it just annoys me that we have to be inconvenienced by this event, meaning we won't be able to get in or out with the car whilst this is on. Never mind, I'm sure we'll be able to manage somehow.

I ordered a binder for my collection of BBC History Magazine at the beginning of February. I have been a subscriber for about four or five years and have kept all the copies. Most are in magazine racks, but I want to get the official binders so that each volume, which is 13 copies, kept together so they are easier to store and read. I went on-line to the publisher's website, Immediate Media, and ordered one binder through the website. I imagined that the binder would arrive in the post a few days later. But it's at least two weeks since I ordered, paying with my Debit card. This morning it still hadn't arrived, so I rang the helpline. Not a great deal of help. I was told that the order hadn't gone through, but checking my bank statement the cash has gone of of the account. On enquiring further, they weren't entirely sure whether the binder I wanted was out of stock. I have to say I'm not very impressed. If this particular binder was out of stock, they should have let me know at the time I ordered and paid, show this information on their website or at least email or write to me to let me know. The woman I spoke to said the binder might be sent in a couple of week's time. Why be so vague? Either they have it or they don't. Surely they would know where the particular product was in their system. I'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: