Heart attack

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sorted!

Carol has recently bought a mandolin on Amazon. It arrived only a day or two ago. A really large package for something relatively small. Did they need to send it in such a large box and with so much packing inside? There was only one problem, and that was tuning the thing. She also wanted a book of music to play, even something relatively basic was all that was required. We went on line to try and find a local bricks-and-mortar music shop. We eventually found a music shop in the Xcape in Milton Keynes and drove there during yesterday morning. It's called Musickavern. It was great to find the shop open. A wide selection of musical instruments, such as pianos, guitars, drum kits and- mandolins! Also, a good selection of printed music as well as accessories connected with all areas of musical production. I'm not sure whether it was the owner of the shop who helped Carol find the right book and tuner, but whoever it was made a lot of effort to help and was extremely friendly

The business of the BBC History Magazine binder has now been resolved. I had an email from the call centre during the course of yesterday to inform me that the payment had gone through successfully and that I would receive my binder in the post in a couple of day's time. So that is- sorted! Thank goodness, as it's taken quite a lot of time and effort. I'll now wait until the binder arrives in the post, or however it's sent. Once I've seen it, how easy it is to put the magazines in it, I will buy more so that I can bind all my BBC Magazines, as they are currently in magazine racks in the shelves.

No comments: