Heart attack

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Rainy Saturday

It's difficult to believe that last week we were basking in glorious sunshine, when we went for our day out to Bekonscot model village and today it's miserable, wet and cold. The car's windscreen wipers were worn out. The driver's side one in particular was not doing it's job efficiently and to me there's nothing worse than driving when you can't see out through the windscreen properly. We'd put off having the things replaced for the past week, but I was determined to get this matter sorted before we needed to drive on a long journey and there was the possibility of there being rain and spray from other vehicles. We've gone to Halford's at Rooksley on several occasions to have lightbulbs fitted to various cars we've had, so it seemed the obvious place to go to have new windscreen wipers bought and fitted. I suppose I could do it myself, but it's always easier to let someone else do the job for you, even though it costs a few pounds. But never mind. I wanted to get there extra early to avoid the crowds. Fortunately it was easy enough to park near Halford's store. None of those idiots around who get in the way. Probably because they don't get out of bed too early on a Saturday morning. As it was drizzling the idea of having the new windscreen wipers fitted was even more of a good idea. I was parked and then inside the store fairly promptly and then had to go back to the car to get the registration number so the assistant to find the correct part for the car. I can never remember the reg number of any car I've owned, but it was soon done and sorted. I had intended going next to Aldi's which was over the other side of the road, but when I got there I soon realised I didn't have a £1 coin for the trolley so drove out and on to Sainsbury's. It wasn't busy there so easy enough to park the car and then walk into the store with my shopping list and a handful of bags and did the shopping and was soon out, packing the shopping in the back of the car and on the way home.

I got back in the house and unloaded the shopping. Carol has finished the piece of crochet she's been working on for quite a while. A really nice blue top. She's sown the two pieces, front and back, together and put it on to show me. A great deal of work has gone into it. She's done quite a few bits of crochet work. She made a blanket, made of various shades of wood as making Alfie his own blanket, as well as a case to put this MacBook in to keep it safe when we are out and about.


No comments: