Heart attack

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Even More Rain

This is beginning to get a bit repetitive, but looking out of the window into the space which purports to be a garden (!), it's raining. It's raining as I type this, at 6.40 a.m. And it doesn't look as if it's going to stop any day soon.

Shelley and Gary, our neighbours, have given us their old garden swing. They were clearing out, and it would have been taken to be dumped at the tidy-tip. No doubt it would have been re-cycled in some way or other, but we were offered it. It was passed over the fence and is now ensconced in the newly-barked (!) section of the garden near the lounge window. I had the foresight to bring the padded seat into the house as I didn't want it to get wet when it rained, which it has done for the past couple of days. Gary has offered to come round and cut the grass with his far more powerful mower, but, as yet, due to the rain, he hasn't been able to. The grass is getting far too long for our poor little mower to get through it. Unfortunately, some of the grass is seeding and if it doesn't get cut soon will be virtually impossible to mow.

I got my hair cut yesterday morning. I know, exciting, but it was in real need of a trim. The last time I had it cut was in February and I usually have it cut every four to six weeks. There was no point going to Monkston Park, because the barbers there has closed down, so, for a change, I decided to go to the barbers in the Food Centre near the Milton Keynes shopping centre. Fortunately I had the sense to get there just as they were opening up, so I didn't have to wait too long. It's no good letting my hair get too long before I get it cut and most certainly won't wait so long before I next have it done.

It's turned out really hot and clammy so I expect we'll have a further downpour before the night's out.

Alfie hasn't been feeling himself this afternoon. Just not behaving in his usual way, with his ears laid back, which usually indicates that he's not feeling well. Hw sat on my knee and then moved over to Carol. He hasn't been moving around very well, so we suspect it might be his joints, possibly his back hip joint. Well, he is 11 years old, or will be in August. I gave him some of the ibuprofen liquid we had left over when he went to the vet's. I mixed it in with his dinner and now he seems quite happy, moving about as normal and behaving as he normally does.

No comments: