Heart attack

Monday, July 16, 2018

Heatwave Continues

It's as warm and sunny as ever. I've never known such a long period of warm weather such as we're experiencing at the moment. Two years ago we had a similar period, but I don't think it went on as long as this one. We visited a number of properties, some through the H.H.A., (Historic Houses Association), one being Sizencote, near Moreton-In-March, in the Cotswolds. We had toured the gardens and then were about to have a guided tour of the house and went inside with a group of other guests, but we didn't continue, because it was far too hot. I recall the summer of 1976 when we also had a long heatwave and my parents garden began to have huge fissures appear in the lawn, due to the heat. The lawn seemed to crack open like some sort of peculiar earthquake. Also,  my gather kept greyhounds and one of them sat in the horse trough in the field at the rear of the house. It looked so peculiar, this long hound, just sitting there, in an attempt to cool down. But really, we shouldn't complain about the weather. Typical of British people. We never seem to be satisfied about the weather. Either too hot or cold, wet or dry. Make the most of it and enjoy it while it lasts. It can be uncomfortable, but it can be unbearable but mostly, enjoy it.

As I write this blog post, at 7.30 on a Monday morning, the sun is already out. On most evenings it's bright sunshine until well past 8 p.m. 

Carol's best friend from Milton Keynes Academy, Pauline, had left a written note through the door when I'd returned home on Friday evening. She had apparently attempted to contact Carol via mobile phone but only got voicemail. Probably because there is no mobile signal on Ward 22. So I texted her, using her mobile number on the note and then she telephoned back to find out where Carol was and I told her she was on Ward 22. She then said she'd visit some time on Saturday evening. Carol then told me, when I visited her on Sunday morning, that Pauline had come quite late and didn't stay long as they don't like visitors to stay after 8 p.m. But Pauline will no doubt visit again at some point so I have to keep her updated on how Carol is doing using my mobile. 

On Sunday I didn't arrive at the hospital until around 11.45 because I went to church last S.C.F. and then went to Morrison's on the way home, took my shopping to put away and then went to the hospital.

There is a lady in the bed opposite on Ward 22 who is behaving quite selfishly. She is constantly calling out and making the nurses lives difficult. She keeps on saying she 'wants to go home,' but she obviously can't because she's not well enough. The whole situation is stressing Carol who needs peace and quite so she can get well herself.

During the afternoon a doctor appeared, to say they think they've discovered what's causing the infection, which in turn is giving her a high temperature. They can no put Carol on a stronger antibiotic which should help to resolve the problem. I would say that the current hot weather might be contributing to some of the temperature rise in some way. Even though they have fans on in the ward, it's still very warm in there.

No comments: