Heart attack

Sunday, March 07, 2021

What On Earth's Happening?

 (Saturday) I've managed to write some more. I always seem to get ideas when I take Alfie out and we're walking around Oldbrook Green. Charles Dickens was supposed to have gone on long walks and at these times he came up with ideas for his writing, so I must be in good company in that respect. I suppose it's because your mind is free from other daily pressures and it's usually quiet. I also seem to come up with ideas when I go to bed and then I have to get up and write the idea down before it gets lost or merely forgotten. Perhaps I should start a new notebook and write things down in that.

I really think some of the lockdown restrictions are really out of order. When two perfectly innocent women, who went for a socially distanced walk somewhere in the Derbyshire Peak District get stopped by police and given a caution and possibly fined is going too far. Not going to spread the virus in any way and they were supposed to have drunk take-away coffees in their cars in a carpark or something is not going to infringe anybody's space. Also, a journalist stopped by police somewhere in London and going for a walk on his own and stopped by police and told to go home is sheer madness. It would appear that the police were more than over-stepping their mark and should have been doing more serious work, such as catching criminals. This whole thing has been exaggerated and to be honest is an infringement of human rights. And what gets me is that British people are just putting up with this sort of thing. Without question. A bit scary if you ask me. I never thought I would see the day when people would allow their basic liberties would be infringed. Without question. When you realise how easily the German nation was easily taken over by Hitler's Nazi government in the 1930's, and it was all perfectly legal, then you begin got wonder how easily it could happen here. Apparently the police later decided that the two women weren't going to be fined £200 and apologised. But it's still really over-the-top.

I had spaghetti bolognaise for my evening meal. Alfie sits on the sofa looking at me and expecting to get something from my plate, as usual. He had already had his dinner, but that didn't seem to deter him from getting something from me. I gave in and took a bit of spaghetti off my plate and gave it to him. It disappeared rapidly and made me think of a bird eating a worm! I gave him several scraps to eat, which he gobbled down greedily. I had some spaghetti and the sauce left on my plate when I'd finished eating and gave the plate to Alfie to eat. I wasn't expecting him to like the sauce, as it was fairly spicy, but he ate it ravenously and I had to take the plate off him as I wasn't sure if he should eat any more as it was likely to be far too rich for him and possibly make him sick, so I took it off to the kitchen. For a little dog, he certainly has a good appetite! Watching him eating the spaghetti put me in mind of the Walt Disney animated film 'Lady and The Tramp.' I'm thinking of the famous scene where the two dogs are at an Italian restaurant and eat a plate of meat balls and spaghetti and at one point they eat the same strand of spaghetti and with each dog on the end, as they eat the spaghetti they get drawn together. It must be one of the most memorable scenes in any Disney animation. Corny and probably a bit of a cliché, but it's extremely well done.

No comments: