Heart attack

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

This, That and The Other . . .

 Saturday. 8.50 a.m. A bright and relatively sunny morning. You could almost say that spring is here!

10.10 a.m. I had a few bits and pieces to buy in Sainsbury's. I always think, that if I go early enough, I will escape the crowds, but it was quite busy. A lot of men with bunches of flowers, which would suggest, because it's Mother's Day tomorrow (actually, Mothering Sunday, but never mind.) they would have to buy their mothers at least a bunch of supermarket flowers. There is an entire aisle of Mother's Day presents, all done out in pink. Why? Do mothers generally like pink? Carol didn't like roses, so woe betide me if I got her any. I have daffodils, because they were perhaps her favourite, and Thursday would have been her 60th birthday. 

The travelator was working on the upside, but the down one looks almost finished and should be open again shortly, so no having to go down in the lift as I have to do at the moment.

I have mentioned on several occasions in these blog posts how Sainsbury's has changed the locations of various items I have intended to buy. Some things have been in the same place in the store since I first shopped there several years ago, and it's so annoying when you go to the original location to find that item no longer there. This happened more recently when I intended to buy pate. I have at last found its new home and bought some today!

Tuesday. 9.30 a.m. I have a FitBit. I replaced the strap it came with originally and bought a leather one on Amazon. The original strap was made of plastic or at least, a cheap material which didn't wear well.  It had a proper buckle, so it stayed put on my wrist, but it was cheap and, frankly, not up to much wear and tear. In fact, it came apart so I decided on replacing it with a metal one. I looked on the Amazon website and found one which I thought would be perfect. On arrival, I put it on the FitBit, even though it is quite a fiddle because it has tiny pins which are used, which go through the strap and then into small holes on the body of the FitBit. Unfortunately, this strap had a magnetic clip, which isn't up to the job of keeping the FitBit on my wrist. Whoever thought that a magnet would be strong enough to keep a Fitbit, or other similar device, on your wrist? Because the thing wasn't much use, I decided to go on Amazon and have another look for a replacement. I found what I thought would be a good replacement, metal, with, hopefully, a decent buckle, black, and looked good, but when it arrived, a day or so after I'd ordered it, it turned out to be another strap with a magnetic fastening! It was difficult to see, looking at the images on the Amazon website, what the fastening was. As a result, I was going to return the thing for a refund.

It used to be relatively easy to return an item to Amazon. You could print a return label, with no postage required, and then pack up the item stick the label on the parcel and take it to the nearest post office or put it in a letterbox. There is a new system, which uses a QR code which you can have on your mobile phone, but I managed to print it out on my Canon printer and then, when you find the nearest Post Office which will accept your Amazon package and then have the QR code scanned and the parcel input in a bag which gets sent to Amazon's returns department. 

I have seen an email from Amazon, and I've discovered that the cost of the strap has been returned to my account. I can't believe how quickly this has been done. I expected the refund to only happen once the item reached the Amazon warehouse and was checked in.

3.00 p.m. I took Alfie out earlier and was surprised to find it was raining, quite heavily.

No comments: