Heart attack

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Training In Aylesbury

I had a training day in Aylesbury yesterday. I had to get to the Phoenix office at 10. No problems there, as I now know exactly where the car park is and where the office is in relationship to the car park. Just as I arrived at the Phoenix office it began to snow, although it didn't settle, fortunately. The car park cost £8. Just thought you'd be interested to know the full cost of parking in Aylesbury from about 9.30 a.m. until about 2.45 p.m.

We were doing a course on First Aid. This included the C.P.R. part which caused so much amusement when I worked for Guardian Homecare (see earlier blog if you haven't read it.) Nothing particularly exciting to write here, except to say that it is now the THIRD time I've done this in the last year. There will come a time when I'll be able to lead a course on this subject myself very soon.

The course covered quite a few subjects, including what happens if someone has a heart attack. I obviously have first-hand experience of this, so I could hardly sit and say nothing. I gave a short description of what happened to me (see my earlier post.) and the trainer asked me if I had my red spray with me. I said I had no need for it, but she said, what would happen if I needed it? I think, perhaps from now on I will have it with me at all times, just in case.

I now have to have a FULL birth certificate in order to work for Phoenix. It seems that I won't be able to work until they have this form of identification, so I'm going to drive to Bedford and go to the Registry Office there to get one. I have another two days of training, and once I have the Birth Certificate then I can officially work. It now depends on the C.R.B. check coming back, which may take around 4-6 weeks.

I got home and had a look at my emails. I have had an email from Casting Collective to be in a new Disney film about to be made in London somewhere. I won't hear whether I've actually been selected for a day or two.

No comments: