Heart attack

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Sunny and Bright

Carol has to stay late at the Academy tonight as it's Parent's Evening. I think I'd find it very difficult if I had to do a full day's work and THEN have to stay behind for another couple of hours. It means finishing at around 7 p.m., but it depends on how many parents she actually has booked. If it was only 5 or 6 it means sitting around for hours in between appointments. I will be going over to collect her in the car and then we'll go to the Kentucky for chicken for dinner as we won't want to cook when she gets home.


It's quite sunny and mild at the moment. We went to Tesco's to do some shopping late last night and it was bitterly cold. There was no ice on the car this morning, which must mean that temperatures didn't dip below freezing.

Our dogs have the idea that there is something in the shed at the bottom of the garden. We think it may be a cat, as there is a cat which hangs around in the garden.  I think it may be the same tabby cat which I saw yesterday when I came in from shopping. It soon disappeared when I walked to the front door. Both Poppy and Alfie make a fuss to be let out into the garden, then run across the garden and into the corner near the shed door. Poppy would chase a cat if given half a chance. Poppy doesn't seem to mind the cold that much. She has a thick coat, with a sort of double layer of hair, an outer, longer coat and a thicker, under layer. Alfie, on the other hand, has only a thin, silky coat and suffers terribly from cold. I went out this morning to do some shopping and left both dogs locked in the kitchen, basically because Alfie, if he has the least suspicion that we are going out and leaving him on his own, makes an awful fuss, yapping, barking and pleading to be taken with us. When I got back he was sleeping in the clothes basket, but immediately jumped out when I came in the room. Later, I found Poppy upstairs asleep on our bed, but couldn't find Alfie anywhere. I looked in all the usual places and then decided to look under the bed. He was asleep in one of the storage baskets we have under there.

No comments: