Heart attack

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rain Stopped Play

Carol has been on Half Term all this week.  We took Daniel to Stanstead Airport last Saturday, going down to St Albans to collect him at around 1 o'clock and then delivering him at Stanstead at around 4 p.m. He went off to Amsterdam. The journey wasn't too bad, and we came back up the M11 towards Cambridge and then back to Bedford and eventually back home to Milton Keynes, using the new road between Bedford and the M1 at Brogborough which has only recently been opened and certainly speeded up our journey. You can get from the Black Cat roundabout on the A1 and onto the relatively-new Bedford By-Pass and then onto the new road near Kempston and home.

I have suffered with a really awful cough for the past couple of weeks, then Carol got it. We would have gone out, but she's been really ill and spent two days in bed. On top of that the weather's been really awful, raining more or less continuously. So it's been a rather dull sort of week. We don't, as a rule, spend our time in doors when we have a chance to get out and about, and, what with the really awful weather over Christmas, due to snow and more snow and frost and cold and really awful conditions, the past week hasn't exactly helped. Let's hope the next school holiday the weather and our health allows us to get out and about.

Today is the first anniversary of our moving to this house, which is to be celebrated, most definitely, considering what we had to endure at the last house (read earlier posts.)

Well, for you cricket fans, I don't wish to disappoint you (with reference to the title I gave this post.) I personally detest cricket, but the name seemed appropriate. Being forced to watch the wretched game as a child at school, and then having to play it was enough to put me off permanently for life. If someone had had some sense and had explained to be the basic rules of the game I might, possibly, have taken more interest in what was going on.  But they didn't so there you go. Football has about the same sort of effect on me. It bores me ridgid. I'm not a great fan of rugby either, but at least it's a bit more EXCITING. Running around a muddy playing field in the middle of winter in a howling gale and rain pouring down wasn't exactly going to make me want to like it. I really have better things to do with my time.

No comments: