Heart attack

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Isosorbide Mononitrate

I've been to collect my repeat prescription from the surgery and then to Kingston to get it made up. I left the prescription at the pharmacy in Boots and then went to Tesco to do some shopping. It wasn't at all busy, so it was a matter of straight in and out, fortunately. I then went back to Boots. The pharmacist had a word with me, before I took the bag of meds. She asked me whether I was having any problems with any of them. I thought she was referring to the Citropram, and I said they are helping me sleep properly. I have to go back to the doctor at the end of the month to discuss these before he gives me a further prescription. She then said how was I taking the Isoborbide mononitrate. I said I took them at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. She told me it was important to take them at these times, as any later than 4 p.m. and there was a danger that if you took them later your body can build up a resistance to them, which I didn't know, the doctor has never told me this. She also asked me if I was having problems with the Pravastatins. I said, maybe muscle cramps. She said that she would send a note to the doctor's surgery and see if I can have them changed. I do get cramps in my feet, stomach muscles and legs. I mentioned how I have had the statins changed over the years, and what sort of side effects they produce.

It's another really beautiful sunny day.

No comments: