Heart attack

Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Surprise Parcel!

We were quietly watching television this afternoon (actually the run-up to the Grand National, if you must ask!) when there was a loud knock at the door. I didn't take much notice at first, as our neighbours make all sorts of odd, extraneous noises, and this made the dogs bark! I went and answered the door, to discover a postman handing me this large, brown parcel, which I took. We haven't ordered anything, nothing from Amazon, which is where most parcels come from for us, and took it through to the lounge to open, and discovered inside a rather nice cafetiere, two matching mugs and a packet of ground coffee, all curtesy of Taylor's of Harrogate. There was nothing to say where it was from, as you'd expect. I think it may have been some sort of draw on the Classic FM website, there again it may be something to do with Betty's of Harrogate (who own Taylor's.) Carol and I love Betty's teashops, when we visit Yorkshire, there being several branches, one in Harrogate, another in York, and one in Northallerton (all of which we've visited during holidays in Yorkshire.) so it may have been when I've signed up for emails from them. Several years ago I won a rather nice Robert's digital radio from a similar draw on Classic FM (which I still have and use regularly.) Just goes to show that if you sign up to things you do eventually win something.

No comments: