Heart attack

Monday, February 04, 2013

Warm and Sunny. Is spring on the way?

Today the sun shines. As I write it is really quite warm. After the weeks of snow and ice we've had to endure, this is wonderful. Do I put on a jacket when I go out, or not? Short sleeved shirt or long? Decisions, decisions.

I am currently having problems with my hearing. I have had this before, one ear seems blocked, rather like when you have a cold, but no amount of nose-blowing will shift it.  It is making me really deaf in my right ear, and it's giving me a headache. I have had my ears syringed  around a year ago (not a particularly nice subject, but there you go.) and have been to have this done by the practice nurse at which ever surgery I'm registered with. So, having been into the MK Centre I decided to go to our surgery in Beanhill, Ashfield Medical Centre, and book an appointment. I was told that I couldn't do this direct, as the doctor has to refer me. I can't see why not. Fortunately I don't have to make an actual appointment, the receptionist tells me she can get the doctor to telephone me (between 11 a.m.-1 p.m.) So I imagine this will get the call and have to ring the surgery myself to get the nurses appointment. I have to use olive oil for several days so as to facilitate effective ear-syringing. I just hope that it is successful and I can get my hearing back to normal.

No comments: