Heart attack

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cooker Dies . . . Again!

We had the cooker fixed after it 'died' only a few weeks ago, as you will recall in an earlier post if you are a regular follower of this blog. It has died again, while I was cleaning it this morning. There were two distinct 'pops' and a small cloud of smoke from behind the cooker. I immediately switched it off at the power switch and went to ring the agency in Wolverton. I have to say they acted extremely swiftly and let me know that the electrician was coming to look at the cooker to hopefully fix the problem. He was out within an hour and has had a look and tells me that we will need a replacement. So he has let the agency office know and they will have to contact the landlord as he will have to purchase a new one. It looks like we will have to find alternative arrangements for this evening's meal as we have no way to cook until the new cooker arrives and is installed.

No comments: