Heart attack

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Undue Care and Attention

Carol has to do quite a lot of different things besides merely teaching at Milton Keynes Academy. One of these things is to visit the children who go on work experience at various places in and around Milton Keynes. Just to check up on their progress, whether it is good or not so good. I have been with her on several of these visits, although I cannot always go in to the places and have to wait outside in the car. As I've described in other posts on here, we don't exactly excel at navigation, and invariably get lost when looking for places we visit or when we go on holiday. She had three visits yesterday, two in the morning and another in the afternoon. The two morning ones where in Bletchley. Some of the places were near where I used to have calls when I worked for Guardian Homecare. We got to the first one and it was pouring with rain and quite windy (as it is today.) She went into the school and I sat in the car (these visits generally take no more than 20 minutes at the most.) I spent some of my time setting up my new Nokia mobile phone to be able to use Facebook and email, which has taken some time and effort and they now work well enough on this new mobile. As I sat in the car a car drew up and parked across the road from me. The driver, a woman, left the car with the windscreen wipers on as they kept flicking back and forth. This seemed a bit odd to me, because it would have meant not only that the engine was running (I presume) but also that the keys were still in the ignition. She was gone around five minutes and returned to the car with a child she had collected (probably she was taking the child to an appointment or something, the doctor or dentist, or else the child was sick and was going home.) But they got into the car which was unlocked and the she drove away without stopping at the road junction to check if any traffic was coming and drove in the middle of the road. What a driver! She left the car open and so could be stolen and then drove in a somewhat reckless manner in the middle of the road and not checking for traffic at the road junction/crossing! How on earth some people manage to get away without having their cars stolen or without having an accident I'll never know. Did she not realize that she was putting herself and her child at risk?

No comments: