Heart attack

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Writing and Rain

I've continued with some writing this morning. I suppose around 500 words, which isn't bad. I am currently working on a couple of pieces so I have plenty to keep me occupied. I'm happy with how it's all going though. I may leave it for a couple of days and then return and re-read what I've written as it can alter my perception and then re-draft accordingly. I sometimes manage to add new material at this stage.

The weather has taken a turn for the worse over the past couple of days. It has been raining hard this morning. It's been very autumnal to say the least. Very wet and cold, to such an extent that we have had to have the central heating on in the evening. Which reminds me, our beloved landlord has still not sent a Corgi trained gas-fitter out to test the boiler in order to get the thing certified as 'safe.' It is in his interests to get this tested as without it, it's illegal and is done for our safety. I will have to have this done myself as it doesn't look as if the man is capable or organising anything. Certain 'event's in a brewery spring to mind. Unless, of course, he can find a 'friend' to come and do the work on the cheap, in much the same way as the 'friend' was supposed to come and repair the fence. Pigs and flying also spring to mind, if you see what I mean . . .

No comments: