Heart attack

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wind Drops and Sun Shines

After the almost galeforce winds of the past few days, today it's a good deal calmer. According to reports on the internet yesterday evening there were 60-70 m.p.h. winds around Milton Keynes. The sun has been out for part of the morning, although the wind strength has reduced considerably.  But the remaining fence around our garden has not been blown down, fortunately, but in some respects, miraculously. Apparently the Tesco Express branch in Tinker's Bridge had it's facia damanged by the high winds and had to be removed by firemen. There is a 'Yellow' weather warning in place for the area. There are four levels of weather warnings given by the Met Office, each given a colour. They are as follows:


Green: No severe weather
Yellow: Be aware
Orange: Be prepared
Red: Take action

I've never come across these coloured weather warnings before, so at least I've leant something new.

A change of subject. Our Post seems to come at any time, or so it seems. At one time, and not that long ago, you could virtually tell the time by the Post being delivered. Where I used to live in Bedford, we had two deliveries at one time. The first was at approximately 7 a.m. and then there'd be a second at 11 a.m. or at least around that time. Now we're lucky to get it at midday or even 2 p.m. I know they've cut the early delivery, but why do you have to wait most of the morning to any delivery at all? I was annoyed this morning (the delivery was just after midday.) to get a card pushed through the door, informing me that I would have to pay £1.50 because an item (not sure whether it was a parcel or a letter.) hadn't got the correct amount payed on it. So, I'll either have to drive to the sorting office at Brinklow which is about two miles from here and pay to get the item or I can pay using a credit or debit card on-line and they will deliver the item within two days. I'm intrigued to know what this item is and why whoever sent it forgot to put the correct amount of postage on it. I just hope that whatever it is is worth the £1.50. I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: