Heart attack

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Plumber . . . No Show

We were supposed to have had the plumber come this morning to fix the leak and replace the piping behind the washing machine (as mentioned in an earlier post on here.) When nobody appeared by 10 a.m. I was told that they were held up at another job and would be with me later. But then someone appeared and told me they wouldn't be coming after all and said they'd get here tomorrow morning. So, still unable to use the washing machine or do washing-up properly without the water running on the floor. We'll just have to manage for a further day until it is done tomorrow.

No sooner had I been told that the plumbing work wasn't going to be done until tomorrow (Friday) than I decided I wanted to go and get something to eat from Waitrose or Sainsbury's. Then I saw, by   looking out of the kitchen window, that I wasn't going to be able to reverse out of the parking space because there was a car immediately behind, parked in the way, with a woman talking to another two in the road. They were deep in conversation, totally oblivious to what was going on around them and unaware that they were blocking in our car. I thought they'd be gone in a few minutes, but even after a good twenty minutes, they were still there, continuing their discussion. I began to think I wasn't going to be able to get out, so stayed in the house and made myself something to eat without going anywhere. They did eventually move away, but even then it didn't seem in the least bit conscious that someone was needing to reverse out of their parking space.

I'm steadily transferring my hand-written material onto word processing. It takes a long time. I can do about 20 minutes at a stretch in one session.

It's quite chilly this morning. Dry, but deceptively warm, but it's cold.

No comments: