Heart attack

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Ruffling Feathers

It seems I have ruffled a few feathers with my last post about the Milton Keynes Festival of Running. I got quite a cross response via Facebook that I should just shut up and put up. Well, it seems that some people, (no names, no pack-drill) just don't like it when someone disagrees with them. No wonder I was put off sport of any sort when I was at school, even though it was many many years ago. I have no objection to anything anyone else does, so long as they do it away from me or at least, it doesn't impinge on what I'm doing.  Some people don't like considering other people. It seems to be a failing that seems quite prevalent in society currently. It's the same with all those cycling fanatics out there on the roads in and around Buckinghamshire who like to hog the road and don't seem in the least bit bothered that they are holding up the traffic behind them when we meet hoards of them when we're out and about on the roads. I think, apart from anything else, it's just common sense to keep to one side of the road and to let vehicles which come up behind them pass safely. Riding three abreast is just plain dangerous. Which is what we came across when we went to Salcey forest the other week.  I'm afraid I rather like winding up people, so it just goes to show, that post has certainly done that. I shan't respond further as it's going to get nasty otherwise, which isn't my intention. 

No comments: