Heart attack

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Messed-Up Repeat Prescription

Earlier this week I ordered a repeat prescription for Carol. It was for more than one item, some of the patches for pain control as well as sleeping tablets. I rang Lloyd's pharmacy in Sainsbury's to give them the order and had expected to be able to collect the competed order on Friday. It is supposed to take 48 hours to have the prescription completed. When I went into Sainsbury's I went to Lloyd's pharmacy and I was told that the order wasn't likely to be ready until the next day. They usually go to our surgery, Ashfield Medical Centre, to collect the printed prescriptions because most of the items on the prescription are for controlled medication which can't be sent electronically as are other meds you order on repeat (such as my heart meds which are on repeat and which I have ordered myself earlier in the week.) On going back on Saturday morning I was told that Ashfield hadn't prepared the prescription for Carol and that they wouldn't be ready until at least Tuesday at the earliest. This situation is getting very frustrating and even more so since we went to see the practice manager a few weeks ago to discuss this matter when we were promised that they would try to get the prescriptions we ordered completed on time. It now appears that this is not the case and as a result we cannot trust them when we order repeat prescriptions. It looks as if I'll have to chase up this repeat prescription tomorrow when the surgery is open. Meanwhile, Carol has had to experience a sleepless night with a   lot of pain, which, up until this incident, seemed to be fairly well under control.

It's a cold and frosty morning. I was expecting there to be ice on the car's windscreen, but, having been out to inspect it, I can report that it isn't frosted up. I have a good supply of de-icing spray for when it is frozen up. Some slight fogginess also but nothing too bad. Just typical weather for this time of the year.

Later. The fog, as much as there was, cleared as the morning progressed and the sun came out, just as I was expecting.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, Carol is without her sleeping tablets, as a result of the 'messed-up' prescription. As a result, she asked me to go to Boot's after church this morning, to buy an over-the-counter product called Sominex. I had to smile when I read the instructions on the back of the packaging. It states under 'Warning' the following, 'May cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcoholic drink.' We're back on the 'stating the obvious' thing again with this. It's a product to help you sleep, so it's obvious that it's going to make you feel drowsy. Would you, in all honesty, take this product if you were going to drive a car or operate machinery? Just crazy and nuts. We're back on the region of having coffee cups printed with 'caution, this product may be hot.' Or 'this plate will break if it falls on the floor.' 

No comments: