Heart attack

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Night Mystery

I woke up at around 1.15 in the night. I lay awake for a while. I could hear a low droning noise outside, like an aircraft of some sort. I couldn't think what it was at first. It sounded like a plane, but far too slow for it to be any sort of conventional aircraft. I drew the curtain aside at the window and could see something moving about above the garden, a slowly-blinking light, but because it was too dark, I couldn't make out what sort of aircraft it could be.  I had to go to the loo, as you do. I tried to avoid making a noise as I left the bed and walked around the bed. We have a floor which makes a certain amount of noise, creaking. Having been into the loo I opened the bathroom window. The low drone noise of an engine continued and the blinking light was moving away towards the centre of Milton Keynes. Could it possibly be an airship, such as they have been developing at Cardington? I could still not make out what it was, due to it being too dark. The sound moved away. It seemed to be circulating the area. As I write this,  sitting in the lounge, it appears to be returning, I can hear the droning sound outside. The mystery hasn't been resolved, so I await further information to identify this craft fully. Perhaps what it was was on a test flight and it was being done at night so as to not be seen as it would be if it was brand daylight. I'm still intrigued to know what this was, but am afraid I'm unlikely to find out.

Later on, when I told Carol about this, she said 'were they any 'little green men?' Do you think that she didn't believe me? Do you think she doubted me? That I might have imagined the whole incident?  I wonder how many other people around this area experienced this 'thing.' I don't imagine that there were many people awake at that early hour.

No comments: