Heart attack

Saturday, March 10, 2018

More Marathon Misery

I know the moment I post this I'm going to upset someone out there. It's almost as if you're not allowed to have an opinion, particularly if it doesn't fit in with someone else's. But hard cheese. Hard luck or whatever. We're going to have to put up with a load of runners through our estate tomorrow. I have no problem with these marathons or whatever they are called. All good fun, good exercise, excellent for various charities.  Each to his own. It's just annoying that if we want to get out of Eaglestone we can't or will be inconvenienced, for example, having to park our car outside the closed-off area. I know it's for only a few hours on a Sunday, but it's still annoying. It's just that I think the organisers of these events could at least cooperate with the residents of the estates which the marathon goes through, or at least change the route once in a while. But they won't. So, if I want to get out of Eaglestone tomorrow morning, early, I'll have to park somewhere else and drive out somehow or other before things get going. Park outside the area not run through by the marathon runners. End of story. Thinking about it, I don't think it is actually a marathon, but who's splitting hairs? Not actually a marathon misery, but as I love alliteration in my subject-line for my blog posts.

We've been playing with Alfie. He knows where the treats are kept. In a tin near where Carol sits on the sofa. Under different circumstances he would tap it with his nose or his paw, but he's just being difficult. Just too clever by half.

We've had that confounded squirrel back in the garden and on the bird feeding station. It's been several times. Alfie doesn't seem to take any notice of it. I don't really want it eating the bird food. After all, a squirrel is really a big rat with a large fluffy tail. Next door's cats have been prowling around, wandering along the top of the fence and scaring off the birds, which is a shame. They know that Alfie can't touch them, and as soon as he seems them, he starts barking madly.

We went to Garroway's to use the One-Stop shop. Carol fancied bacon sandwiches for lunch. Also, bread and eggs. As a last resort, imperial mints. She didn't come into the shop, but stayed in the car. I could find white bread, but for some reason they've moved things around so I can't find eggs. I walk around the shelves several time. It's just annoying that they need to shift things around. Just to get customers annoyed. You know where everything is, then it's moved, for no good reason. I have to ask someone where the eggs are. Imperial mints? The sweet section has moved. Now that area has greetings cards. Crazy! It's a small shop. Why this ceaseless shifting stock around? I've mentioned this before, regarding supermarkets. Well, One-Stop is owned by Tesco. Need I say more? 

No comments: