Heart attack

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Early

There's already traffic cones out along Golden Drive. I was in the bathroom, about to have a shave. I thought I'd have a look out of the window. I just hope it doesn't stop me getting out to go to church. Some people just don't care, as long as they get what they want. If it annoys other people, well so what? I'm going out regardless. Even if it means shifting the cones to get through. Tough!

It's surprisingly warm today, compared with last week when we had snow. I managed to drive out of Eaglestone well before the runners started. One brightly coloured orange-clad gentleman looking a bit forlorn on duty at the entrance to Eaglestone as I drove out and onto Saxon Street on my way to S.C.F. I don't know what his purpose was. A steward of some sort, or marshall or whatever they call such personnel. Must have been a bit miserable for him, standing out there all on his own. There were cones all the way down the centre of the road and the occasional car passing.

Not one runner spotted, either on the way out or when I came back. I stayed on after the 9.15 service as I usually do, but I stayed longer as I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to drive back into Eaglestone, what with all the runners. I went to Sainsbury's, to buy one or two things and to really waste time before heading back home. Not one runner did I see, so what's all the fuss about? Where were they? I was expecting to see at least a straggler as you do with these events. The traffic cones were in evidence as I drove back into Eaglestone. But not one runner. Phantom runners perhaps? Did I imagine it, or were they invisible or something? It doesn't matter. It's over and done with. But we have another of these events again in another week or so.

It's been a generally very warm day today. I went out in my red fleece top, the one I bought in Dobbie's when Carol's mum and dad were with us a few months ago. In the Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop or whatever it's called in there. I was far too hot, as it's quite deceptive at the moment. You would think it was far colder, when you consider it was snowing last week. 

No comments: