Heart attack

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

To Be, Or Not To Be?

 Friday. 7.55 a.m. If it's Friday . . . it must be, washing day (not Crackerjack, if you remember the BBC children's show which ran from 1956s until 1984 and amongst compères were Eamonn Andrews, Leslie Crowther and Stu Francis.  They used to start off the show with 'It's Friday, and five to five, and it's Crackerjack!' It was the mainstay of children's television and was 'live' and in front of an audience of mainly children. Not much of modern television is done live, so it must have been quite nerve-wracking for the performers, and no doubt the technical crew.)

Saturday. 7.25 a.m. It's a bright and sunny morning. It's not a typical spring day. (Not entirely sure whether we are officially spring or not, but never mind.) It's certainly milder than it's usually at this time of year. We would usually have had snow and ice and very low temperatures by now in other years. There are daffodils out along the roads around Milton Keynes, which always cheer things up.

10.40 a.m. I've been to Asda. I haven't shopped in there for quite some time. It is some distance from Dexter House and I usually shop in Sainsbury's, which is very close. I think you get used to one store and when the layout is changed, which it has in Sainsbury's, it can be somewhat frustrating. The Bletchley Asda is huge, and you can walk miles if you're not careful. Bought an apple pie, peanut butter and chocolate spread. 

Sunday. 7.10 a.m. It appears to be raining, as I look out of my window. I don't think it is particularly thick, but foggy nevertheless.

My FitBit has been displaying the time incorrectly. I think it was about 30 minutes slow, and I have managed to reset it by going into the app on my phone. The app had to be downloaded again, and the time is now correct. I don't like having any watch or gadget with the wrong time set. There's nothing worse than not having the correct time and then being late for appointments.

Monday. 6.15 a.m. I was washing up at the kitchen sink and as I looked out of the window, I could see that it was quite foggy over Oldbrook. Not particularly thick, but still foggy.

10.15 a.m. I've just been to Lidl in Oldbrook Boulevard. This is where the Tesco Express used to be, but the entire block, which also had Barnardo's charity shop and Domino's Pizza within it, has totally gone, demolished and the space where the block used to be has been boarded up. I believe that a brand-new Lidl store is going to be built somewhere in that area, but I'm not sure if it will be in the boarded-up area or elsewhere. I presume, when it's built, the old store will either be demolished or become another business.

Why did I use Hamlet's famous speech as the title of this blog post? I had no real reason.

No comments: