Heart attack

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Here We Go Again!

Tuesday, 9.15 a.m. I have been putting off a job for a while now, It was to clean the kitchen floor. I have to admit, it was getting dirty. I have a Vax steam cleaner, and it's a good deal more effective than your traditional mop-and-bucket. If I were to use that method to clean the floor, it would require hot water and some sort of detergent and the mop would require rinsing out and, at the end of the process, disposing of the dirty water. Probably down the toilet. Then you get left with a really smelly mop to find somewhere to store it, along with the bucket. I don't have space for them. The Vax steam cleaner uses water and a special detergent, which you put in two separate tanks. Relatively easy to fill, as the whole unit comes off the handle of the steamer. If I have a fault with this, it's the fact that the tank filler is on the side which means you can never fill up with either detergent or water, which go in separate tanks, because as soon as you turn the unit on it's side to clip it onto the handle, water and/or detergent leaks out. It would be far better if they'd designed the tank filler to be on the top of the unit. Just a minor fault with an otherwise great piece of kit. You have to give the steamer enough time to heat up and then produce steam. It's of no use using it like a conventional mop and just pushing it across the floor quickly. It doesn't work in the same way, because it's the heat of the steam which removes any dirt and stains. The steamer doesn't leave the floor soaking wet. Of course, there is a certain amount of moisture, but this takes about ten minutes to evaporate and you are left with a clean floor.

Wednesday.  10.20 a.m.I've been to Sainsbury's again. The down travelator is still not running, although but it appears to be in a near-complete state, with workmen still working on it. Let's hope it is running soon.

A mild and sunny morning. No sooner had I got in from shopping in Sainsbury's and unpacked, than I took Alfie out. I didn't put a coat or top on, and it's the first time this year I've been out without either piece of clothing. The daffodils are out on the piece of grass opposite The Cricketers' pub.

Friday. 6.15 a.m. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I wasn't aware of this fact and only discovered it when I got a text message. I wasn't sure whether it was going to be a face-to-face appointment or a phone call. I have had several phone calls from the surgery's pharmacist, and this was actually what I was expecting. Once I had learnt about the prospective appointment, I left a message on the Central Milton Keynes Medical Centre website. You aren't supposed to telephone now, because of the triage system they now have. I was hoping the surgery would either text me or phone me to let me know what type of appointment it was. The appointment was supposed to be at 11.10 a.m., but the time came and went, and no call. 

A good deal later, I got a telephone call from the surgery. They had only just seen the message I'd left on the website, and a fresh face-to-face appointment was made for the 11th of April. The appointment is to review my medical situation (i.e.: concerning my 'incident' when I collapsed and went to hospital.)

The weather is somewhat dull. Overcast, I suppose you'd call it, with a thin rain falling.



No comments: