Heart attack

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flu Jabs and Stress-Tests

Well, I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I really didn't have much to write about, so I hope nobody reading this was disappointed. I know that out there, I have quite a few people who read this. Clever technology tells me so. If you do bother to follow my ramblings, do, please, leave a comment or two. Just let me know what brought you to my blog, as I'd be interested.

Carol and I had our flu jabs on Saturday. It seems that Carol had a reaction, and was off work on Monday. She has a quite painful arm, where the needle went in, and the place is quite red and swollen-looking. I seem to have escaped any side-effects, until this morning. I feel quite sicky and below par, and this, together with the effects of my medication, which make me feel really queasy, doesn't improve matters. When I first took the Isosorbide Mononitrate I got quite intense headaches, which the doctor told me would happen, but, thankfully, they have worn off, but I now feel quesey. At first I took them at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., as instructed by the hospital, but then I decided to change the times to 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. in an attempt to avoid the side effects. I don't seem to feel too bad with the first one, nor the second, but during the night I felt really awful, almost as if I was drunk, but, as I write this (8.40 a.m.) the queasyness has worn off, thankfully. I wouldn't be able to drive the car, so it's perhaps just as well that I'm not working at the moment (it does warn you about not driving on the medication's packaging.)

I had a call yesterday from the Cardiology department at Milton Keynes Hospital, to tell me I had an appointment with them this Saturday, for a Stress-Echo Test. I haven't got to eat anything for two hours previous to the test. I have had this done before, so I have a good idea what to expect. It also means that Carol won't have to book a day off work to come with me.

No comments: