Heart attack

Monday, February 09, 2015

It's Sunny and Bright

The weather has warmed up considerably. As I sit here at 2.05 p.m. on Monday 9th of February the sun is shining. It's certainly a good deal warmer than it has been for the past couple of weeks. I'm sitting here waiting for a parcel to arrive. We've ordered a steam cleaner from Very and I'm not sure exactly when it's supposed to be here but I've been informed via email that it will come through a delivery company called Yodel some time today but not exactly when, so it's more than likely to arrive at 9 o'clock or some unlikely hour when we're tucked up in bed. It means that I can't go out of the house because I imagine the moment I do the parcel will arrive and then a card will be stuck through the letter-box informing me that our parcel couldn't be delivered and the parcel has returned to their depot in some far-flung place which means we would have to drive there to get the parcel.

On Friday I did another of the exercises in the creative writing book I mentioned in an earlier post. You had to find somewhere outside an write a description of the view, be it a street, house etc. I went to the cafe in Sainsbury's and sat near the window and wrote a description of the view outside. Actually harder than I imagined but there seemed nowhere else I could think of that wasn't outside in the cold, although I had considered going down to the canal and sitting and describing the scene there. Not a total success but least I've done the exercise. I have learned from past experience that in some ways it's best to leave a piece of writing for a day or two, or even longer, before returning to it to re-read and edit as it gives you time to consider it.

No comments: