Heart attack

Friday, December 08, 2017

Dark, Wet and Windy

The past few days we've been experiencing some wet and windy weather. This morning at around 9.15 I went to get fuel at the Shell station in Grafton Street and it was very over-cast and quite dark, almost as it it was early evening. It seems, even as I write this, that it's going to get very blustery. I can see the trees at the edge of the Redway, which runs behind our house, swaying in the wind and I get the feeling that we're in for a very windy couple of days and nights.

I've been with Carol this afternoon (Thursday) to a sort of briefing at the Oncology Department at Milton Keynes Hospital which explained how her chemotherapy will be delivered. Quite a few possible side-effects, but we won't know until the treatment begins. It annoys me now that I can park so close and it's such a short and easy walk into the hospital compared with what I had to endure when she was in Ward 20 for three weeks. Nobody told me that you could park so close. I was under the impression that the carpark we could see from her side room at Ward 20 was for hospital staff only. Unfortunately you have to find out these things for yourself and it will make life so much easier parking closer.

No comments: